Travel Guard® FAQs
Our Travel Guard® Insurance can be purchased via the following channels:
|Immediate purchase 24/7 via our website||Credit Card (Mastercard, Visa)
|Immediate purchase 24/7 via our mobile applications - iOS and Android||Credit Card (MasterCard, Visa)|
|Agents and Brokers||Credit Card (MasterCard, Visa)|
|Selected Travel Agents
||Please ask your Travel Agent for their preferred payment methods.|
In the event of an emergency while travelling overseas, please call Travel Guard® Call Centre at +65 6733 2552.
The Family Annual Multi-Trip Plan is for 2 adults who are legally married to each other, with any number of children legally related to 1 or both of the adults.
A Family Per Trip Plan is for 1 or 2 adults travelling with any number of children. The 2 adults need not be related but each child must be legally related to either 1 of the adults.
The family must depart and return to Singapore together.
Annual Multi-Trip Plan is for frequent travellers. It provides coverage for an unlimited number of overseas trip made within the policy year, provided that each trip is less than 90 consecutive days.
We have an Individual Annual Multi-Trip Plan and a Family Annual Multi-Trip plan.
Note: The Family Annual Multi-Trip Plan is for 2 adults who are legally married to each other, with any number of children legally related to 1 or both of the adults. Under a Family Annual Multi-Trip Plan, each adult can travel individually, but children must travel with at least 1 of the adults.
A child is an unmarried person under 18 years of age or a full-time student who is below 23 years of age during the policy period.
For a Family Per-Trip Plan, the child must be legally related to either of the 2 insured adults and not working.
For a Family Annual Multi-Trip Plan, the child must:
- Be the natural or legally adopted child of the 2 insured adults who are legally married to each other.
- Be dependent on either or both of them for financial support and travelling with 1 or both of them on the entire trip.
- For a Per Trip Policy: 182 consecutive days
- For an Annual Multi-Trip Policy: 90 consecutive days for each overseas trip
All coverage starts on departure from Singapore, except for the following:
Accidental Death & Permanent Disablement
3 hours before you leave your home or office for a direct journey to the place of embarkation in Singapore
Travel Cancellation, Travel Postponement
30 days before the departure date or the policy issuance date, whichever is later
Travel Cancellation due to insolvency
From the policy issuance date (provided that policy was purchased at least 3 days before the departure date)
Major Travel Event means:
- Natural disaster
- epidemic or pandemic as at a Phase 4 level or higher as declared by the World Health Organization or for which a warning against non-essential travel is issued by the Singapore government or the government of the country You are travelling to;
- major industrial accident;
- Civil Unrest, Riot or Commotion resulting in cancellation of scheduled Common Carrier services or in a relevant government warning against non-essential travel;
- Strike resulting in cancellation of scheduled Common Carrier services; or
- any event leading to airspace or multiple airport closures.
Your policy can be extended for up to 72 hours without additional premium after it expires if you are unable to notify us to extend it, for example, because of a natural disaster, epidemic, civil unrest, or airspace closure.
No, there will be no refund of premium once the policy is issued.
Travel Guard® does not cover any loss, injury or damage arising if:
- You have a pre-existing medical condition.
- You participate in extreme sports or sporting activities.
- You are not fit to travel or are travelling against the advice of a doctor.
Yes, Travel Guard provides you cover whether you are travelling by cruise, plane, train or automobile.
Yes, Travel Guard covers losses arising directly from an Act of Terrorism during the Trip, subject to the respective limits of the Selected Plan under each Section and the terms and exclusions of the Policy.
Travel Guard does not cover any travel in, to, or through these countries:
- Crimea Region
- North Korea
Note: Please refer to the policy for the full terms, conditions and exclusions.