The Novel Coronavirus outbreak has been widely reported in the media, and alerts have been issued by the World Health Organisation and the Ministry of Health, Singapore. AIG Singapore is treating this Event as known and foreseen, effective 30 January 2020.
AIG Singapore will not cover any claims arising from this Event if your policy was issued on or after 30 January 2020, 0001 hours. For policies issued prior to 30 Jan 2020, 0001 hours, we will assess claims based on the policy terms and conditions.
Notwithstanding the above, for travel to Wuhan or Mainland China, AIG Singapore will not cover any claims arising from this Event, if your policy was issued on or after:
(a) 22 January 2020, 0001 hours for insured(s) travelling to Wuhan
(b) 27 January 2020, 0001 hours for insured(s) travelling to the rest of Mainland China,
subject to the terms and conditions of your policy.
There have been large-scale protests in Hong Kong since June 2019.
No cover will be provided for losses or damages in connection with such ongoing protests and associated disruptions unless the Travel Guard or Travel Guard Direct policy was purchased before 5 August 2019 0001 hours.
Get a S$50 shopping voucher when you renew your Travel Guard Direct Annual Plan! *Terms and conditions apply.
1. The Travel Guard Direct Annual Plan Renewal Promotion (the “Promotion”) will be held from 1 June 2019 to 31 May 2020 (both dates inclusive) (the “Promotion Period”).
2. The Promotion will be administered and run by AIG Asia Pacific Insurance Pte. Ltd. (“AIG”) and is only open to Singapore residents1.
3. Individuals who successfully renew a valid Travel Guard Direct Annual Plan (“Policy”) via the link at www.aig.com.sg/renew-travel during the Promotion Period, without any cancellation ("Eligible Person"), will each be entitled to a S$50 shopping voucher (“Gift”). For the renewal of an annual family Policy, only the main policyholder will be eligible for the Gift. The Policy must be valid at the time of the redemption.
4. Employees of AIG and their immediate family members are not eligible to participate in the Promotion.
Notification and Redemption
1. The Gift will be sent within four (4) weeks from the date you successfully renew your policy to the main policyholder’s mailing address.
2. There will be no replacement Gift sent to you if the delivery was unsuccessful because you provided an incorrect address.
3. The Gift is not transferable or exchangeable for cash, credit or kind. AIG reserves the right to replace the Gift with other items of similar value without prior notice.
4. The Gift is subject to the respective manufacturer’s and/or retailer's terms and conditions. AIG shall not be responsible for the quality or fitness for purpose or any other aspects of the Gift.
5. Once the Gift is sent out, Eligible Persons who have received the Gift (“Recipients”) will not be allowed to cancel their Policies.
1. AIG reserves the sole and absolute right to do the following at any time:
a. disqualify any Eligible Person from his/her participation in the Promotion for any reason whatsoever; and/or
b. disqualify any Eligible Person from receiving any Gift(s).
2. Non-compliance with the Terms and Conditions herein (“Terms”) and/or the breach of any other requirements communicated by AIG to the Eligible Persons may result in the immediate disqualification of the Eligible Person from participating in the Promotion, at AIG’s sole and absolute discretion.
3. AIG’s decision on all matters relating to the Promotion will be at its sole and absolute discretion and will be final and binding on all parties, and no correspondence shall be entered into in relation to the same.
4. AIG reserves the right to extend or terminate the Promotion, and to vary, delete or add to any of these Terms at any time without notice, and at its sole and absolute discretion.
5. In the event of any inconsistency between these Terms and any promotional materials relating to the Promotion, these Terms shall prevail.
Warranty and Undertaking
1. By participating in the Promotion, you hereby agree to be bound by the Terms herein.
2. You further agree that any information collected or held by AIG (whether contained in the application form or otherwise obtained) may be processed, used and disclosed by AIG, its associated individuals/companies and/or any independent third parties, in order to carry out the implementation and administration of the Promotion. Eligible Persons may opt out of participating in the Promotion via AIG’s website.
3. AIG shall not be liable in any manner for any claims, losses, damages or expenses arising out of, or relating to, the Promotion.
4. AIG assumes no responsibility for incomplete, lost, late, damaged, illegible, misdirected forms and/or other forms of communication, which may result in any Policy not being purchased during the Promotion Period.
5. These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Singapore. The Courts of Singapore shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes arising from this Promotion and these Terms, including the validity and enforceability thereof.
6. AIG’s Travel Guard Direct policies are protected under the Policy Owners’ Protection Scheme which is administered by the Singapore Deposit Insurance Corporation (SDIC). Coverage for these policies is automatic and no further action is required from you. For more information on the types of benefits that are covered under the scheme as well as the limits of coverage, where applicable, please contact AIG Asia Pacific Insurance Pte. Ltd. or visit the AIG, GIA or SDIC websites (www.aig.sg, or ).
1 “Singapore Resident means “Ordinarily resident” as defined in your policy or a resident in Singapore at the date of application for this Policy as described under the Insurance Act (Chapter 142) and all rules, regulations, subsidiary legislation and government orders enacted under it. The Insurance Act (Chapter 142) provides that you are treated as being ordinarily resident in Singapore if:
a. you are a citizen of Singapore, unless you have resided outside Singapore continuously for five (5) or more years preceding the application date of the Policy and are not currently residing in Singapore;
b. you are a permanent resident, unless you have resided in Singapore for less than a total of one hundred and eighty three (183) days in the twelve (12) months preceding the application date of the Policy;
c. you have a work pass or permit required under the Employment of Foreign Manpower Act (Cap. 91A), unless you have resided in Singapore for less than a total of one hundred and eighty three (183) days in the twelve (12) months preceding the application date of the Policy; or
d. you have a pass or permit required under the Immigration Act (Cap. 133) that has duration longer than ninety (90) days and you have resided in Singapore continuously for at least ninety (90) days in the twelve (12) months preceding the application date of the Policy.