Seize global opportunities with protection from the potential risks of conducting business in overseas markets
Political risk insurance can provide the protection which investors, financial institutions and corporate clients need to safeguard their investments in overseas markets against unpredictable losses due to specified political risk perils.
What is covered?
What types of investments are covered?
- Equity investments
- Physical assets
- Cross-border loans
- Contracts for goods and services
What types of political perils can be insured?
- Confiscation, expropriation or nationalisation
- Currency inconvertibility and non-transfer
- Political violence* (includes terrorism and war)
- Contract frustration due to defined political events
- Sovereign payment default
- Wrongful calling of on-demand contract guarantees and bonds