Make a Third Party Claim
If you are involved in an accident but the third party is fully at fault, you may wish to claim against the third party for your losses.
How to make a claim
Send your vehicle to one of our authorised workshops or any of the workshops listed on your certificate of insurance.
The workshop will help you liaise with the third party’s insurer and:
• Prepare a repair estimate.
• Arrange for a surveyor to inspect your vehicle, if necessary.
After the survey, you may proceed with the repair needed.
You will have to settle the cost of the repairs with the workshop directly. The workshop will then submit your claim against the third party’s insurance company.
As an added assurance to you, if you have submitted your third party claim through one of our authorised workshops, you have up to 365 days from the date of accident to submit it as an own damage claim, should your claim against the third party be rejected.
Obtaining third party information
Find out how you can get accident and insurance information from third parties.
You can obtain the third party's insurance particulars from One Motoring for a fee of S$5.35. For enquiries, call 1800 2255 582.
- If the accident report is lodged:
- With the insurance company: Apply for a copy through the GIA Record Management Centre at 6 Raffles Quay, #18-00, Singapore 048580. The fee is S$29.00 per copy. The charges paid are non-refundable in the event the third party’s accident report is not found in the database. For enquiries, call 6224 0010.
- With the police: Apply for a copy, personally or through your lawyer, from the Traffic Police Department at 10 Ubi Avenue 3, Singapore 408865.
If the accident is a police case, you can apply for a copy of the outcome of investigation, personally or through a lawyer, from the Traffic Police Department at 10 Ubi Avenue 3, Singapore 408865.
Claiming against a foreign motorist
If you are involved in an accident with a foreign motorist either in Singapore or Malaysia, find out how to make a claim.