Home Insurance Claims
What to do
In the event of a loss:
- Take all necessary measures to prevent and avoid further loss or damage to your home or items.
- If the loss or damage involves a third party’s property, do not admit liability, negotiate, or make any settlements without our prior written consent.
- Do not dispose of any damaged items without our prior written consent.
- Where burglary, robbery or theft is involved, make a police report within 24 hours of the incident.
How to make a claim
You will need to submit your claim within 30 days of the loss or damage.
Notify your agent or broker immediately, or call our hotline at 6419 3000.
Prepare the relevant supporting documents for your claim. We may contact you for additional documents and information, if those are required.
All claim types
For all claims, you will need to submit:
• Original purchase receipts.
• Repairer’s assessment report on the cause and extent of damage, including the repair quotation.
You should submit the report and quotation for our approval before making any repairs.
• Photos of the damage. Digital photos are acceptable.
A copy of the police report made within 24 hours of the incident.
- Obtain a Fire Report from the Singapore Civil Defence Force and provide a copy to us.
- An on-site survey may be required by us. Do not dispose of any damaged items without our prior written consent.
- Details of the third party including name, identification number, telephone number, and address.
- The name, telephone number and address of any witnesses.
- All relevant writs, summons, correspondence and documents served on you by any third party.
- Photos of damaged third party items, if available.
Submit the completed claim form to us as soon as possible. You should send us all relevant supporting documents within 30 days of the loss.
AIG Asia Pacific Insurance Pte. Ltd.
78 Shenton Way #09-16
Note on reasonable care
You should take all reasonable care to keep the insured premises well maintained and in good repair, and take any necessary measures to prevent injury, loss or damage. We are not liable for any injury, loss or damage caused by a defect that you did not fix after being aware or informed of it by anyone.
What to expect
We process most straightforward home insurance claims within 10 business days if they are submitted with complete documentation. It may take longer to process a claim if we require additional information or documents from you.
We will keep you updated on your claim by email or mail. You can also call our hotline to check on the status of your claim. If your claim is accepted, you will receive a settlement cheque by mail.