AIG’s Travel Insurance - Here for you. Wherever you are.
Unexpected medical emergencies may arise during your trip and that is when AIG’s Travel Insurance comes in to protect yourself and your loved ones with our comprehensive medical assistance services. In the event of a medical emergency, our in-house medical team with a wide range of medical expertise will see that your medical needs are met with expediency and expert care.
Inspired by a true story, watch to find out how AIG Travel helped this Singaporean man with a fractured hip get back home safely.
Unlimited emergency medical evacuation
Feel secure knowing you are covered for unlimited evacuation expenses in case of a medical emergency.
24/7 in-house global assistance and emergency internet use
AIG is the only travel insurer in Singapore with our own global assistance service centres in eight locations worldwide. You can get reimbursed for up to S$500 for any internet charges incurred by you to contact our emergency assistance hotline.
Cover for leisure sports
From skiing to tandem skydiving, enjoy amateur leisure activities without worries. Our Enhanced and Supreme plans also cover lost sporting equipment.
Reliable and responsive claims
We pay an average of S$30,000 in travel claims every working day. File online or call our claims hotline – our experts are ready to assist you.
Option for cruise vacation benefits
Covers for cancellations or interruptions to your cruise holiday due to covered conditions. Only applicable for selected plans.
Before you buy
You must be departing from Singapore and be ordinarily resident in Singapore.
Travel Guard Direct is for travellers of all ages, with no age limit.
If you travel frequently, consider purchasing an Annual Multi-Trip Plan for greater value and convenience.
- Cover for an unlimited number of overseas trips within the policy year (for trips of less than 90 consecutive days each).
- Immediate coverage when you travel, without the hassle of purchasing a plan each time.
- Choice of individual and family plans.
Note: The Family Annual Multi-Trip Plan is for you plus your spouse named in the policy schedule and your children. During the policy period, coverage will apply to you and your spouse whilst travelling independently. However, your children must be travelling with you or your spouse on the same itinerary.
The maximum period of coverage for an overseas trip is:
- For Return Single-Trip Plan: 182 consecutive days.
- For One-Way Single-Trip Plan: one trip during the policy period and ending one you arrive at your first overseas destination (excluding transit countries).
- For Annual Multi-Trip Plan: 90 consecutive days for each overseas trip.
General exclusions include any loss, injury, damage or legal liability arising from:
- Any pre-existing medical conditions, except for repatriation of mortal remains or funeral expenses overseas due to existing health conditions.
- Participation in extreme sports and sporting activities.
- Participation in expeditions, manual work, missionary and humanitarian travel.
- When you are travelling against the advice of a medical practitioner.
- Any travel in, to, or through Cuba, Iran, Syria, North Korea, or the Crimea region.
Please refer to the policy wording for the full terms, conditions and exclusions.
You might like
Our range of plans let you choose the right cover for your needs and provide benefits like 24/7 roadside assistance and a courtesy car to help you keep on going. Learn more