Growing reports of violent attacks in certain regions have aroused worldwide concerns about this threat. While Singaporean companies have not been direct targets, businesses should still consider the risk to their operations as a result of collateral damage from an event, and to their overseas operations which may be at risk.
With no control over the timing, severity and location of such events, a risk mitigation strategy of safeguarding against the risk by taking out appropriate insurance on the property and resulting lost income, could mean the difference between minimising losses and irreparable damage to the organisation.
Who is it for?
Sectors that may possibly have a higher exposure to this type of event include:
- Hospitality and Leisure, including hotels, integrated resorts, casinos, stadiums and sports centres
- Media and Telecommunications, including transmitters, studios and tower structures
- Infrastructure (tunnels, transportation systems, waste treatment, land reclamation work and roads)
- Government, Public and Facilities buildings (Embassies, Ministry buildings)
- Public Suppliers (Power and Energy, Water and Gas)
- Financial Institutions
- Educational establishments
What is covered?
Our Property Terrorism insurance against Acts of Terrorism was specifically designed to cover the following risks:
- Sabotage - Deliberate subversion to cause harm or destruction of property
- Terrorism - The unlawful use of violence against persons or property